New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Speaker Recommendations?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

newbimac

newbimac is on a distinguished road

I need a set of 2.1 speakers to connect to my Macbook Pro, Sub 100/$100. They don't need to be particularly loud as they're going in a small room, but sound quality is important.

Suggestions please.
QUOTE Thanks
cajundaddy

cajundaddy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbimac View Post
I need a set of 2.1 speakers to connect to my Macbook Pro, Sub 100/$100. They don't need to be particularly loud as they're going in a small room, but sound quality is important.

Suggestions please.
I use the M-Audio AV40 for desktop recording and music playback. They are powered with plenty of volume for a small room and sound very natural. I found them for $120 on Amazon. A lotta bang for the buck. The only caveat is that they seem to be very influenced by speaker placement. Be prepared to move them around a bit to find the most natural sound.
QUOTE Thanks
Ballr24

Ballr24 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD

My Logitech Z-2300's are absolutely wonderful! Excellent sound quality for almost any need.

HP Pavillion G62; 2.10 GHZ, 4GB DDR3 Ram, 320GB HDD. 32GB Apple iPod Touch (4G). LG Gossip.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Still impressed with these every time I hear them. Klipsch - ProMedia 2.1 Speaker System (3-Piece) - Black - KLIPSCH PRO
QUOTE Thanks
seanje

seanje is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.16 GHz 4GB

The Soundsticks III were released recently, but they are essentially the same as the Soundsticks II, with a few aesthetic changes.

If high volumes is not an issue, I definitely think these are the ones you want. The sound is ultra-clear, and the bass is real crisp. The sub won't give you quite the rumble that others might, but at decent volumes, it is super accurate, and provides plenty of bass.

I've had a pair for four years, and I couldn't be happier.

And who couldn't like the design, it's a classic.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

I'm currently using Logitech's G51 5.1 surround kit.

I only have it setup as a 2.1 right now, but it has a very broad frequency response range (especially on the low end, down to 36hz) and lots of power (355w total), so everything sounds very crisp and clear.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« itunes -200 error | iTunes not working »