Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy 5.1 Surround Sound On MAC - Logitech X 530
    I have the Logitech X 530 sound system but can not connect it to my mac as it only has one audio input socket.

Is there some type of splitter/adapter to get 5.1 surround sound to work on a mac?

Thanks!

Specs:
    Custom PC
    You'll need a 5.1 audio card that is Mac-compatible.. Something like this: Muse Pocket LT - Sound Cards - Hercules

Those are great speakers by the way, I had my set for over 5 years, and only the the stand off the center-channel busted off.

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    Nonsense! You don't need a card or brick. This is all you need, and it's actually made by Logitech for their 5.1 setups.
    Logitech 5.1 Adapter
    I have that hooked up to my Logitech X-540 and it's awesome!
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

Specs:
    Custom PC
    Ooh yeah, I forgot about that! I used to have one of those.. however, I don't think it actually broadcasts in "true" 5.1, it just divides the signal amongst the 5 speakers..

For true 5.1, you'll need an external sound card.

Yes the seem awesome and I only have 3 speakers working

The sound cards all look expensive.

The "Logitech 5.1 Game Console Adapter Convert Rca Plugs To A Single 1/8"

How does that connect to your mac once you plug the three cables from the speakers into one end?

Cheers

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    You guys that have these Logitech speakers, do they only have analog connections on them? Are they 3 or 5 wire connections? And am assuming no Pro Logic or Pro Logic II?

That would be correct, the adapter merely splits the stereo source into the 5 channels - no true 5.1 there.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Mine has three cables to connect to the computer/sound card.

I would get sound out of all 5 speakers though? And the red and white cable how do they connect to a mac? :S

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiek View Post

How does that connect to your mac once you plug the three cables from the speakers into one end?

Cheers
    Something like these Belkin Audio Splitter Cables. Belkin Splitters

I had the same set up once running through my MB and i had ALL speakers working and annoying the Neighbours lol

Cheers
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

OK so I need the adapter and a 3.5mm to rca converter?

Making sure before I hit the purchase button!

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    To go from your Mac to RCA you need a stereo mini plug to RCA cable - here's a quick search on Amazon. You should be able to find this at any of your local electronics stores (and for under $10).
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Sorry its this one .....
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Dam I can easily get a rca to 3.5mm but they only sell the Logitech 5.1 Game Console Adapter in America and i'm from the UK just my luck

Specs:
    Mate go into any electronics shop that sells audio and you will be able to pick one up. I picked my Belkin Adapter up from **** Smiths in Australia ...... You will get one somewhere

Cheers
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiek View Post
    OK so I need the adapter and a 3.5mm to rca converter?

Making sure before I hit the purchase button!
    Are you absolutely sure your didn't come with it? I upgraded from the 530 to the 540 and I now have 2 of these because my last 530 had one! This is what I use on my setup.
    IMG_0259.jpg

The green connects to the audio connector on the mac, and the red/white connect to a male white/red coming out of the "logitech adapter."
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    Mate go into any electronics shop that sells audio and you will be able to pick one up. I picked my Belkin Adapter up from **** Smiths in Australia ...... You will get one somewhere

Cheers
    I thought ebay.co.uk would of some but I have tried searching "5.1 to rca" and no results. If ebay doesn't have them I have no chance.

idrinorbarsaku the image is not loading properly it only shows a small strip.

If you could post a working picture I would appreciate it, thanks!

Thread Information