New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

How can I record any sound playing from my mac and mix tracks?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dannieboiz

dannieboiz is on a distinguished road

I just bought a little Nady USB-1C to mess around, there are some audio that's being streamed online as well as some on a DVD that I would like to record to an mp3 format and mix it with the tracks that I made using garage band.

What's the best way to achieve this?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I use Audio Hijack Pro from Rogue Amoeba for this ($32), there's also Wiretap Studio (more expensive but also does more). Google em up and check em out.
QUOTE Thanks
dannieboiz

dannieboiz is on a distinguished road

thanks chas, i just got wiretap works great!

Noticed that you're from Victoria, we just got back from there last weekend. beautiful city.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Thank you! Yeah, we're having a bit of a cool August though! Hope you had a great time on your visit.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cubase SX3 | Using I-Tunes from a portable hard drive »