New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

I lost my recording, need help pleaaaaase

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

alfraido

alfraido is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone

here is the story,

i recorded some data at a party i had 2 weeks ago. i used quicktime
the file size was about 173 MB and named Audio2 , its about 2 hours.

anyways i wanted to trim a part of the recording, i cut what i wanted about 9 min, and saved it with the same name Audio2 by mistake so i basically overwrite . !!!

now, the size is still the same 173 MB which tells me the whole recording is there

how the **** do i get back???? pleaaase help me out fellas
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

You can try "Revert to saved" (Not sure what that does) in the file menu but I'm not hopeful.

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
alfraido

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
"Revert to Saved" only works if you DIDN'T overwrite the recording, which the OP did, so that's not going to work.

If he was using Time Machine (and why wouldn't he be?), then you can just roll back to two weeks ago and retrieve the original recording. Otherwise, he can start kicking himself for not doing backups now.
i have time machine on my laptop but i never used it, i dont even know what it does

this may sound weird i know but would it work now?? it was never on!!
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

TimeMachine only works if you set it up and have a external HD for it to backup on.
So sadly, no it will not help you now.

I recommend getting an external HD that is always plugged in or at least sometimes and set up TimeMachine to do its thing.
Mac 101: Time Machine

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
alfraido

shooooot

umm the size of the file has not changed before and after ? any explanation ???
QUOTE Thanks
alfraido

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Without telling us what app you used to trim the recording, it's hard to say.
i used Qicktime !!
QUOTE Thanks
applebigtree

applebigtree is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro

well, i am afraid that the previous file can not get back......sorry, i have no idea, if you get the solution, i will be waiting for other better suggestion.....
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Syncing Sansa w/Rockbox | getting audio book to itouch »