Advice transferring Digi001 onto new Mac OS
    Hello,
    Advice needed please. I had a Digi 001 working with Protools LE on an old (year 2000) desktop Mac G3 running OS9. Can I transfer this to my new MacbookPro running on OSX 10.6.4, whose profile is:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core i5
    Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
    Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B05
    SMC Version (system): 1.58f15
    Hardware UUID: D0E06846-353D-5F8E-8AC2-B9E17A39E7CF
    Sudden Motion Sensor:
    State: Enabled

On the old desktop Mac it was connected by SCSI - will a SCSI to firewire adapter do the trick, and of course an upgrade to Protools LE for OSX (i can get hold of version 6.1)? Does it also need an internal card? The last thing I want to do is bu**er up my new lovely Macbook, advice please. Will probably use more for editing than recording, but once I get the creative juices flowing, who knows....

Also, anyone know if there are conflict issues with running both Protools LE and Microsoft Office (another forum thread suggested this may be the case)?

Anxiously await an answer, thanks!
    Salsadirect, UK

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    SCSI comes in many flavors, so your big hang up will be finding the right adapter to interface with your MacBook Pro. Aside from that, your MacBook Pro should be able to read the filesystem. I don't know enough about the generations of Protools to know if the file formats will compatible.

Here is a SCSI to USB adapter: RATOC UltraSCSI to USB 2.0 Converter (U2SCX) at OWC

Depending on the type of connector, you may need an adapter to use it with your drive.

Also, not sure why there would be an issue with using modern Protools in tandem with Microsoft Office.

Either way, you're not going to damage your new Mac.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

help with connecting Digi001
    Hi, thanks for your help. trouble is that this company you recommend is US and I am in UK, and if it turns out not to be compatible i am in trouble! Have emailed them anyway. Maplin online (UK) seem to sell something similar, but they know nothing about their products.
    I'm trying...
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    SCSI comes in many flavors, so your big hang up will be finding the right adapter to interface with your MacBook Pro. Aside from that, your MacBook Pro should be able to read the filesystem. I don't know enough about the generations of Protools to know if the file formats will compatible.

Here is a SCSI to USB adapter: RATOC UltraSCSI to USB 2.0 Converter (U2SCX) at OWC

Depending on the type of connector, you may need an adapter to use it with your drive.

Also, not sure why there would be an issue with using modern Protools in tandem with Microsoft Office.

Either way, you're not going to damage your new Mac.

Thread Information