New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

garageband-timeout or timer inactive?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iLEFTOVERCRACK

iLEFTOVERCRACK is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb

when i open up garageband on my ibook i always get a message that says timeout or timer inactive! check other applications using midi or timer AND SO I CANT USE GARAGEBAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....and i dont have anything else running besides garageband and adium....and i dont have a midi keyboard plugged in...
any help?

thanks

QUOTE Thanks
iLEFTOVERCRACK

Help!?

QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Maybe check the Audio MIDI Setup utility to see if it is recognizing something incorrectly? (apps>utilities>Audio Midi setup)

You could also try trashing the Garageband plist file (spotlight it or go to users>"youruser">Library>Preferences>com.apple.gar ageband.plist and trash that)
QUOTE Thanks
iLEFTOVERCRACK

*sigh*
nope,tryed both still says "timeout or timer inactive check other applications using midi or time(code 0)"
thanks thou

QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Repair permissions?
QUOTE Thanks
iLEFTOVERCRACK

i repaired permissions and still nothing.....but i decided to boot up reason 3.0 and i get something about a midi support libary......theres an attachment at the bottom there.....is there some kind of driver update or did i move some file that i wasnt suppose to move?

thanks for the help thou!

QUOTE Thanks
iLEFTOVERCRACK

anyone?

QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Are you using an m-audio firewire input by any chance? Or have you previously hooked one up to the system?

http://community.sonikmatter.com/for...howtopic=24957

Seems to be an issue with some m-audio devices at least, though I know they've since updated the drivers... Maybe check the site if you ARE using m-audio stuff.

Otherwise check the audio/mide setup again, go to the 'midi' tab and hit 'show info'.

What driver properties does it show you?
QUOTE Thanks
iLEFTOVERCRACK

i once installed the m-powered protools demo....but no midi keyboard of any sort has touched my ibook

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Free audio recorder for OS9? | itunes: how do I change the order of songs »