New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Music files that play in win7 dont play with mac:

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JarheadNJ

JarheadNJ is on a distinguished road

I've got a iMac & a MacBook Pro both with Virtual DJ using a external HD to play music. The files show as a folder, but when you click on them to expand the folder, nothing.
This was never a issue with Windows, only Mac. I got a Western Digital external for MAC thinking that may solve the problem, and same thing.
The issue seems to be with CD's that were burned to disc.... any suggestions!?!
Thanks in advance~
QUOTE Thanks
MacShane

MacShane has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Gen1 15"MBP-R 2.3GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.9.2

What format are the files in? Some formats that play in Windows don't necessarily play in OS X.
QUOTE Thanks
JarheadNJ

JarheadNJ is on a distinguished road

So I'm guessing my problem then lies with WMA, which doesn't work with Mac, but is however supported by Virtual DJ since they do play when I use my windows laptop, but not the Mac.
Ok, I need a converter, read about winff, any suggestions to do an entire external hard drive?
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Not guaranteed to work as some windows files just will not play but try Perian and or Flip4Mac.
Installs codecs to let Quicktime play most windows formats.
Download Perian for Mac - QT plugin for many media types. MacUpdate Mac Software Downloads
Download Flip4Mac WMV Player for Mac - Play Windows Media in QuickTime Player. MacUpdate Mac Software Downloads
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

WMA files work fine on Macs (when you add Flip4Mac and Perian) as long as they are not DRM'd (protected) audio files.

DRM'd WMA files don't play on much of anything. Aren't you glad to escape that nonsense?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Advice on supported hardware (break out boxes) | itunes Help »