New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Need suggestions for an audio program

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

victoriaashley

victoriaashley is on a distinguished road

I recently just filmed a singing recital, and I want to edit a part of the song where the student messed up... Any suggestions? Is this even possible? Something free would be very nice

Anything and everything Apple.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Audacity

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
Draciron

Draciron is on a distinguished road

Audacity will do a great job if your only editing the soundtrack. You need something like Cinalarra for editing the video. I'm new to the Mac (coming over from the Linux world) so I'm not sure what the equiv would be for the Mac. Being that the Mac is well known for video and audio editing I suspect there is one however.

Side note, when installing Audacity install the beta version as the stable version does not work on the Mac at this time.
QUOTE Thanks
musicmixers

musicmixers is on a distinguished road

I used to get the job done with Sound Forge (back in the PC years)
I don't like audacity very much so i switched to Ardour.

It is kind of professional but it is free and you're gonna like it.
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.9 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.6.8

Quicktime Pro (not free)? Another vote too for Amadeus (audio only), it's my favorite music editor.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks
JUKE179r

JUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: '07 MBP 256GB SSD/6GB RAM/SL <--DAW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmixers View Post
I used to get the job done with Sound Forge (back in the PC years)
Man... I truly miss using Sound Forge 9 and CD Architect since switching to a MBP as my sole DAW.

MBP 3,1 & 4,1 w/ Vertex 4 SSD | Logic Pro 9 | Ableton Live 8 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 3000+ vinyl records
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Audacity -- doesn't impress me, to put it mildly.

Garageband is already on your Mac and will do the job for the audio, if you want to edit the video then of course iMovie is also present on your Mac already.
That about sums it up. If clipping out a couple parts is all you need, just use what you have on your computer. Gets the job done quite easily.

QUOTE Thanks
estherbir

estherbir is on a distinguished road

Right clicking on one or a multiple of songs in the iTunes music library or even in a playlist will bring up the option to edit songs
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« external sound cards and virtual dj | creating new itunes account »