New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Why no count-in in Logic 9?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Plasmatron-7

Plasmatron-7 is on a distinguished road

For some reason, I don't get a metronome count-in with Logic 9. I'm an old Pro-Tools guy, and just started using Logic. I love absolutely everything about it, only, for some reason, in the newest project I've begun I don't get the 1-bar count-in I'm accustomed to. I've already checked under record preferences, and I have it set for a 1-bar count-in, only I just don't get it.

In fact, now I'm not getting any signal at all from my Klopfgeist plug-in! What's going on? SOmebody please help..
QUOTE Thanks
Case1001

Case1001 is on a distinguished road

Hello

There is a count-in in Logic 9 you need to use the metronome button

Setting the Metronome and Count-in
As preparation for recording, you should check the metronome and count-in settings.

Metronome: Produces a click in the project’s tempo that can be heard during recording or playback. The click makes it easier to play in time with the tempo.

Count-in: Clicks heard before the start of a recording, making it easier to get into the project’s groove.

Try This
Set the metronome:
Control-click the Metronome button on the Transport bar, then choose Metronome 1 Settings from the shortcut menu.
Metronome button
Chapter 4 Recording and Comping Audio

In the Metronome pane, define when you want to hear the metronome click—on every 2 bar, beat, or division—by selecting the corresponding checkboxes.

Select the “Click while recording” and “Only during count-in” checkboxes.3
This allows you to hear a count-in of 1 bar before recording begins. If you want to change the default count-in setting, see the following task.

You do have to press record button and it will give you the count-in for as many bars as you setup.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« m-audio FireWire 410 installation problem | Logic Express 9/ Metronome (changing tempo) »