New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Best Remixing/DJ software?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

daved9664

daved9664 is on a distinguished road

HELLO!

I'm wondering which program is the most user friendly, yet extensive remixing software for mac.

No freeware suggestions please!

-Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
RD423

RD423 will become famous soon enough

I use virtual DJ. I like it, I know some ppl that even use Itunes DJ. Just depending on what/how much of it that you are trying 2 do.
QUOTE Thanks
JUKE179r

JUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: '07 MBP 256GB SSD/6GB RAM/SL <--DAW!!!

Ableton Live is excellent for remixing. It automatically matches BPMs of Accapellas and instrumentals to make remixes. Though I haven't tried it but there are plenty of people that use Live for DJing also since the BPM's get matched up flawlessly between songs. I mainly use Traktor Pro which does more than enough for my DJing gigs.

MBP 3,1 & 4,1 w/ Vertex 4 SSD | Logic Pro 9 | Ableton Live 8 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 3000+ vinyl records
QUOTE Thanks
Bahja

Bahja can only hope to improve

Mate i am back in the UK and i will be going into my mates studio at some point in the next few weeks. Got a U2 tune to remix. I have been out the remixing game for over 10 years so i'm looking forwards to see how everything has advanced.

I know the lads all use MAC laptops and computers so i'll let you know who i get on.

A new MacBook Pro user as of oct 09 and loving it!! Sorry for the stupid questions i am asking as i know you will have been asked them a million times before
QUOTE Thanks
JarheadNJ

JarheadNJ is on a distinguished road

Virtual DJ is a great program, the LE version even comes with some hardware controllers like the Hercules RMX and some Numark products.
QUOTE Thanks
woodruff112

woodruff112 is on a distinguished road

serato scratch live is the only system to use..
QUOTE Thanks
RD423

RD423 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodruff112 View Post
serato scratch live is the only system to use..
Yeah maybe if u are running the cdj's but virtual dj can control them 2. I had a gig the other night where I used my virtual dj and the main dj was using serato. It wasn't a difference except I know that he is better than me but he has also been doing it a **** of a lot longer than I.
QUOTE Thanks
woodruff112

woodruff112 is on a distinguished road

yea serato is amazing with my rane sl57 mixer and cdj1000s.. check me out on facebook or myspace..
Brandon on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
www.facebook.com/djbrandonw

i have tons of mixes from sets i do... i love getting my mixes out..
QUOTE Thanks
daved9664

daved9664 is on a distinguished road

Dude! Theres a picture of you with a Dell in that Myspace page! Not cool

Also, keep in mind fellow users that I am not going to be DJ'ing live or anything, I would just like to create neat remixes!
QUOTE Thanks
mknabster

mknabster has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac

I would have to say Virtual DJ, I have used it in the past, and you can do alot with it. Now if you really get into it and get turntables, Seratto is the way to go. My friend uses Seratto with his system, and it's pretty amazing what he can do.

-Matt
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Recording w/ Electric Guitar | YouTube audio to iPod? »