Best Remixing/DJ software?
    HELLO!

I'm wondering which program is the most user friendly, yet extensive remixing software for mac.

No freeware suggestions please!

-Thanks

I use virtual DJ. I like it, I know some ppl that even use Itunes DJ. Just depending on what/how much of it that you are trying 2 do.

Specs:
    MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
    Ableton Live is excellent for remixing. It automatically matches BPMs of Accapellas and instrumentals to make remixes. Though I haven't tried it but there are plenty of people that use Live for DJing also since the BPM's get matched up flawlessly between songs. I mainly use Traktor Pro which does more than enough for my DJing gigs.
    MBP 11,3 | Logic Pro X | Ableton Live 9 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPC2000XL, X7000, MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, SP-808, TR-707, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 & Willzyx | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 4000+ vinyl records

Mate i am back in the UK and i will be going into my mates studio at some point in the next few weeks. Got a U2 tune to remix. I have been out the remixing game for over 10 years so i'm looking forwards to see how everything has advanced.

I know the lads all use MAC laptops and computers so i'll let you know who i get on.
    A new MacBook Pro user as of oct 09 and loving it!! Sorry for the stupid questions i am asking as i know you will have been asked them a million times before

Vdj:
    Virtual DJ is a great program, the LE version even comes with some hardware controllers like the Hercules RMX and some Numark products.

serato scratch live is the only system to use..

Quote Originally Posted by woodruff112 View Post
    serato scratch live is the only system to use..
    Yeah maybe if u are running the cdj's but virtual dj can control them 2. I had a gig the other night where I used my virtual dj and the main dj was using serato. It wasn't a difference except I know that he is better than me but he has also been doing it a **** of a lot longer than I.

yea serato is amazing with my rane sl57 mixer and cdj1000s.. check me out on facebook or myspace..
    Brandon on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    www.facebook.com/djbrandonw

i have tons of mixes from sets i do... i love getting my mixes out..

Dude! Theres a picture of you with a Dell in that Myspace page! Not cool

Also, keep in mind fellow users that I am not going to be DJ'ing live or anything, I would just like to create neat remixes!

Specs:
    15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
    I would have to say Virtual DJ, I have used it in the past, and you can do alot with it. Now if you really get into it and get turntables, Seratto is the way to go. My friend uses Seratto with his system, and it's pretty amazing what he can do.
    -Matt

Thread Information