Any program like Mediamonkey but for Mac??
    hello all, I was wondering if anybody knows of a good music program to organize mp3's like mediamonkey? I need something for mac. I have over 245,000 songs and looking for the best program to organize them. Thanks.

Sonik.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Does iTunes not meet your needs? In my experience, iTunes does a fine job of organizing my music. Now, I only have about 3,600 songs so it's not quite 245,000.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Yeah, what's wrong with Itunes exactly? The organization seems fine to me on there. Why would you want to pay for a program to organize your songs when you already have Itunes?

Specs:
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    I personally hate iTunes. If something isn't tagged exactly as iTunes wants it to be in its methodology, then it's sorted in a way which isn't akin to how you'd have it arranged like it is in Finder etc..

That's why I use Songbird. Well, amongst other reasons too, such as native FLAC and ogg playback etc..

Doug

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Since I got my Droid Incredible phone, I've taken quite a liking to DoubleTwist, which incidentally will hook into your iTunes Library if it already exists. I'm not sure if it's an exact fit for your needs, but it's a little less proprietary and has some nice options for interfacing with non-Apple devices.

I'd also like to second Doug B's recommendation of Mozilla's Songbird, which is a stunningly well-made media management package. I haven't quite made the leap from iTunes YET, but it looks like all of the pieces are there for a good user experience.

YMMV, of course, but there are some options out there. I'm not terribly familiar with MediaMonkey, so I hope I'm not completely off-base.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Im also looking for something similar... a program to edit the tags of all my MP3's. iTunes is no good as the tags you update in itunes only update them for iTunes. Any suggestions?

Specs:
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    Quote Originally Posted by PPTDGC View Post
    Im also looking for something similar... a program to edit the tags of all my MP3's. iTunes is no good as the tags you update in itunes only update them for iTunes. Any suggestions?
    I'm pretty sure that Songbird will change the physical file's tags, but also
    check this out: Tagr : Organize your ID3 tags on Mac OS X

Doug

Thread Information