New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

yet another itunes artwork mystery

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mufngruf

mufngruf is on a distinguished road

I hate it when things happen that have no explicable reason..
I have recently moved my itunes library from one external to another (successfully) and hooked it up to a second computer. I copied over the iTunes folder and put it in place and it all works perfectly...
except..
I have the play mode on shuffle/random and it goes from tune to tune happily but it won't change the artwork unless I physically click on the new tune in the library.
Further, it will now allow me to preview artwork by simply single-clicking on a tune - not changing the tune but just selecting it - WHILE the current tune is still playing and that didn't used to be an option before.
And, still further, I use the "You control itunes" app and, whenever it switches tracks (along with iTunes) it DOES change artwork.
So I listen to track A until it finished, itunes then switches at random to track B. Youcontrol also switches and displays the name and art for track B for a few seconds (as it's supposed to do) and then, when the Youcontrol image fades, the itunes artwork displayed is still track A art. I have to actually click on the track in the library to get it to change the artwork but the same process will be repeated at the end of track B.
any ideas anyone...?

PS I've tried a restart of the itunes program and also a reboot of the computer.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Click on the grey arrow at the top left of the artwork preview area to toggle between "selected item" and "now playing".
QUOTE Thanks
mufngruf

mufngruf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptmunich View Post
Click on the grey arrow at the top left of the artwork preview area to toggle between "selected item" and "now playing".
It's so easy when ya know how, isn't it?
Thanks for the help although strangely enough, I don't actually have such a grey arrow - I just clicked on the bar at the top of the artwork box.
ah well, all's well that ends well.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Vinal DJing onto a mac program? | Aggregate Audio Issues »