New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

More guitar sustain in Logic

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

swoosta

swoosta is on a distinguished road

Hi
I am a newbie to logic and have connected my guitar to the mac, how can I get more sustain on a guitar recording rather than playing a note and the sound just stopping and cutting off?
QUOTE Thanks
MartyMart

MartyMart is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro Octo 2.8Ghz / Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz

Hi, are you just "DI" into the mac and no pedals etc ?
If so you can run processors across that audio input, you'll get a bit of latency
so you'll have to set your audio buffer size down to 128 or 64 - remember to put
it back up to around 512 AFTER you finished recording to get more processing
on your whole song.

The Guitar amp pro and pedalboard plugins will work nice, use some compression and some overdrive to give you more "note" you can also spin
things on a bit with some delay if you like.
Plain 'ole DI guitar will die off quite soon if totally unprocessed.

Marty.

PS _ remember to switch on "Audio input processing" in the Audio/Hardware setup page.

Mac Pro 8 x 2.8Ghz/8 gig Ram/1.5 Terabyte HD and Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz dual Intel/4 gig Ram/7200rpm 500gig HD - Had most Mac's since Quadra 700!
QUOTE Thanks
Chud

Chud will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.5Ghz C2D 4GB 500GB Seagate 7200RPM / 15" Powerbook G4 1.5Ghz 2GB 160GB Seagate 5400rpm

You need an amp that goes to 11, that's how!

Seriously though, as MM said you need more than just the direct audio coming in from the guitar. Lots of cheap/free software that will help process your guitar a bit to give it some sustain, and the rest is all in your fingers my friend.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Poll: which of these 4 interfaces would you choose? | having issues hearing guitar in garageband. »