New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

iTunes 9: Understanding Home Sharing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Larry H

Larry H is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.53 Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB

I have attempted to use the home sharing feature of iTunes 9, but am having some problems.

I have a Mac Mini and a PC on a wifi local network using Airport. I don't have a wireless router. The Mac connects to the internet via a Sprint broadband card. The PC is not connected to the internet, but only to the Mac by Airport (wifi).

The home sharing doesn't work and the PC displays the message 'cannot connect to the iTunes Store'.

I am assuming that I must have both computers connected to the internet for home sharing to work. I cannot do this as the broadband card plugs into only one computer at a time.

Does anyone know if this is correct, and is there any work around?

Thanks

Larry H
QUOTE Thanks
thorch

thorch is on a distinguished road

It seems for home sharing to work both computers need to be connected via the same network cross platforms dont matter. I have my iMac and iBook home sharing via the same netgear wireless router. just my .02cents
QUOTE Thanks
Larry H

Larry H is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.53 Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB

I solved my own problem! In Preferences I discovered that I was not sharing my internet connection. I set it to share by Airport and it all works. I was able to transfer about 5 gigs of music from the Mac to the PC.

Larry H
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Accidentaly deleted all itunes stuff-music gone... | 2 new singles from Darkest Ritual »