Specs:
    MBP 15"matt, 2.8GHz, 500GB, 4GB RAM
    iTunes not allowing music to podcast...
    Hi,

I'm trying to add some 'podcasts' to itunes. I have put the files in my podcasts folder, used itunes to open them, but they end up in the music section of my itunes window.

From there I 'get info' and try change them to podcasts, but the do nothing..

I've checked the permissions on the files and folders in question, and they all said read only. I have changed all of them manually to read and write (all files and folders involved) but to no avail.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or a way to do this? I don't want the podcasts to be in the music folder because.... they're podcasts!

Thanks

Jonik

Specs:
    Ok..! Some progress.

It is the read only being a problem.

Any one know how to change this to read and write for large quantities of files? I'd rather not do it by hand...!

Now it isn't a specific itunes question, it might be better in a different forum too

Specs:
    ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
    In itunes, select get info, click the info tab then change the genre to podcast

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    A better question might be "how screwed up is your system that your iTunes folders are read-only?"

This indicates a much bigger problem than just with some podcasts. You could start by repairing permissions.

Specs:
    Sorry, it is the files I want to put into itunes that are read only. When putting them into the itunes folders they are still read only, hence the problem. The itunes folders themselves are fine.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I'm not understanding why you are putting them into iTunes folders directly. This is probably very much the root of the problem.

If these are podcasts, they should be auto-downloaded into iTunes by themselves, whereupon they would be filed automatically.

But even just dragging them in to iTunes main window should import them in such a way that boneheadz suggestion would do the trick.

Specs:
    The reason for doing it manually is as follows:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-...o-problem.html

Once the files are made reads and write, I can simply go to 'get info', make them podcasts, and it's all fine.

The only issue is that the 50+ files I want to move from my desktop into my itunes library are set to 'read only'.

Is there a way of changing these files in bulk from 'read only' to 'read and write'?

Specs:
    Had some free time so started to go about changing it manually. There is a level where the info windows change from individual to '18 items' etc, around the 8-10 area.

So That took a lot less time than I expected it to.

Still, if anyone has any idea about the other itunes problem I'd be grateful!

Thread Information