In-Ear Headphones
    I've been looking to buy a good pair of in-ear headphones (preferably $100 or less).

The problem for me is that the in-ear headphone market seems to be dominated right now with bass-heavy headphones. I can't stand bass-heavy headphones because they destroy the quality of the type of music I enjoy listening too.

I was hoping I could find some help here in locating a decent pair of in-ear headphones that aren't bass-heavy.

Right now I've been leaning towards these: Maximo Products / Headsets / iP-HS5

(The reviews for those I have found have stated that they have a good low, mid, and high range balance)

So, if anyone here has any recommendations, I would love to hear them. Thank you for your help.

Specs:
    MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

Specs:
    ibook G4 14" 1.42 GHz PowerPC G4 1GB DDR SDRAM/1st Gen 4GB Nano/2nd Gen 8GB Nano
    Check out what these guys have to say

DJ TechTools

Specs:
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    Altec Lansing is a third party manufacturer for Ultimate Ears as well as Etymotic. I got a pair of their iM616's from Amazon last year on sale for about $40. Best deal ever. I gave them to my cousin, but have since gotten a different pair, which are of the UE super.fi 3 type and they're just as good, if not slightly better to my ears. In fact, they have lowered the price on them :

Amazon.com: Altec Lansing UHP336 Snugfit In-ear Earphone: Electronics

And here are the Etymotic ones: Amazon.com: Altec Lansing inMotion iM616 Headphones: Electronics
    Great deal I'd hop on. The only thing I'd change is the ear tips. I prefer foam as they don't grate on your ears after extended periods of time. Lots of third party foam ear tips out there.

Doug

P.S. You can always visit www.head-fi.org for tons more info on the topic. Just beware..... your wallet may not be safe there !

Thread Information