New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

iTunes automatically plays downloaded music??!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

polishrussian

polishrussian is on a distinguished road

Hi there. This is getting really annoying. Whenever I download music off the net, it will automatically open up my itunes and start playing the song. If another one finishes downloading, it will cut the first one mid play and start the one that just finished downloading.

This is non-stop. I would like to know if anyone knows how to disable this very annoying 'feature' if you will.

I just don't want itunes to open up and play everything each time.
QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

p3ezi(moto) will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic

are you using limewire or frostwire?

GS3 - Nexus 7 - 13in Macbook
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Look in your preferences for your browser. You can disable this feature easily enough.
Somewhere there will be a tab that says something along the lines of" automatically import into iTunes".
Also look in iTunes to see whether you have auto play new imports ticked somewhere.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishrussian View Post
Hi there. This is getting really annoying. Whenever I download music off the net, it will automatically open up my itunes and start playing the song. If another one finishes downloading, it will cut the first one mid play and start the one that just finished downloading.

This is non-stop. I would like to know if anyone knows how to disable this very annoying 'feature' if you will.

I just don't want itunes to open up and play everything each time.
The setting you want is in Safari for this one. Open up Safari Preferences and uncheck "Open 'safe' files after downloading". This will allow you to download and then you can batch move them to iTunes afterwards.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes stopped connecting to AP Express | How DO I CONVERT CDG Files for Karaoke? »