New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

iTunes store too big?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

oceans11

oceans11 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 10.5.8, 2.66Ghz INtel Core 2 Duo, 3GB 800 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

I noticed just recently when I try to view an artists full album I get all the info from left to right except the per song price? I thought you were able to scroll left to right to get this before but I no longer have this scroll option. Is there a setting where I can make the iTunes store smaller so it captures everything within the screen?
QUOTE Thanks
sandiola13

sandiola13 is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem. Using version 9.0.3. Can't scroll to the right and see the right hand side of the information, including purchasing the songs! Would love to be able to see the whole page at once? Make all the text smaller perhaps? IMHO the original format was much easier to use....
QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

p3ezi(moto) will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic

must be an issue with your itunes i just opened mine up and it shows normally

GS3 - Nexus 7 - 13in Macbook
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

What is the screen resolution on your Mac set to (in Displays pref pane)? I think the current version of iTunes throws up a message saying it is optimized for 1024 x 768.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Have a good iTunes here as well. Full album and *per song* price.

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Looks to me like they messed up in this regard with the latest version of iTunes (the app). The horizontal scrollbar is gone when you make the window smaller than their optimized size for the window. It auto adjusts to fit the window as you make it larger, but not when you make it smaller.

Hitting the green button no longer changes it to the optimized size for viewing either. It only minimizes to the player or changes it back to the size you have set.

Your only option currently is going to be to drag the screen to a larger dimension so that you can see it.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post

Hitting the green button no longer changes it to the optimized size for viewing either. It only minimizes to the player or changes it back to the size you have set.

Your only option currently is going to be to drag the screen to a larger dimension so that you can see it.
I knew something was different but hadn't figured out what the change was. I don't notice it most of the time because i have a larger window. Is that 1024 x 768 warning new as well? I don't remember it before now.

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I still have not seen that size warning. Only noticed the "problem", as I do use the iTunes window smaller than this "optimized" size.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

I just tried this at a couple of resolutions. It seems to occur if the resolution is something less than 1024 x 768. I get the warning at 800 x 600 for example but not at 1024 x 768 and higher.

QUOTE Thanks
sandiola13

sandiola13 is on a distinguished road

My resolution is set as suggested 1024 x 768 and it still doesn't work. Seems to me they have designed it for people with those new fandangled LARGE screens!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« help trimming/fading songs | can i use premade instrumental »