New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Recording sounds from my Casio CTK-2000

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CactusVideoGuy

CactusVideoGuy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2008 15.4" Santa Rosa (C2D, 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD)

Hello all.. after a lengthy absence, I am thankfully back to being able to post to the forums (not any kind of TOS violation; just been busy as all get-out..)

Now then.. what "should" be a seemingly simple question type scenario...

I have a MBP (C2D 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD)... Casio CTK-2000 61-key keyboard... Blue Snowball USB mic...

Now then.. is it possible to record the separate sounds that come from my keyboard through the mic, to GB, and then use those sounds as individual software instruments, which I can *then* control from the CTK-2000, after storing each sound as a software instrument? (Sounds backwards, I know, but the goal is to capture each of the 'round 400-ish sounds from the keyboard as individual software instruments, which would allay the need to purchase Jam Packs (which still run in the $90 per box category at Fry's Electronics in Phoenix, or, of course, $99 each at the Apple Stores in town)...

Am I making sense, or am I officially certifiable? Help, please!

You can make some people happy some of the time, but you can never make a PC enthusiast understand the brilliance of the Macintosh OS. Until you put it in front of them.
QUOTE Thanks
JUKE179r

JUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: '07 MBP 256GB SSD/6GB RAM/SL <--DAW!!!

Are you trying to save all 400 tones as WAV/AIFF files on your MBP? If so, the best way would not be to use a microphone from the speakers on your CTK-2000. You will get all kind of background noise and interference when trying to save the tones.
The best way is to get a mixer or audio interface to record the tones into your MBP.

MBP 3,1 & 4,1 w/ Vertex 4 SSD | Logic Pro 9 | Ableton Live 8 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 3000+ vinyl records
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need help finding compatible production software. | Itunes Menu »