New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

What Audio Interfaces are Snow Leopard compatible?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mikerofone

mikerofone is on a distinguished road

Help! I need to get a new audio interface to record my band with and I'm having trouble finding an AI that is Snow Leopard 64 bit compatible. Any suggestions? I prefer to be able to record 8 independent tracks simultaneously but could probably get by with four.

I've found that the people who work in the stores that sell devices (i.e. music stores) are terribly unknowledgeable about the compatibility of the devices they sell!
QUOTE Thanks
Cdnalsi

Cdnalsi will become famous soon enough

Hey there,

I'm using the Presonus Firestudio at the moment:

PreSonus FP10 10x10 FireWire Interface (Firepod) and more Audio Interfaces & Convertors at GuitarCenter.com.

8 mic/jack inputs, great pre-amps, Logic saw it instantly. I'm also on Snow Leopard.

Of course people who work there don't know, they're professionals

Unibody Macbook Pro 15.4", 2.53GHz Core 2 Duo, 1067FSB, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 320GB HDD, nVidia 9400M + 9600M GT, 512MB DDR3.
Jazz pianist, composer. Click for website.
QUOTE Thanks
mikerofone

How many independent tracks can you record simultaneously with it? I was interested in the PreSonus Firestudio Project but I called PreSonus and they told me it's only compatible with Snow Leopard 32 bit, but not Snow leopard 64 bit.
QUOTE Thanks
Cdnalsi

You can record 8 channels.

As per their website: PreSonus

Quote:
Mac OSX (10.4.11 - 10.5+) Universal installer for FireStudio famliy (and StudioLive)
(Driver, Universal Control, and firmware update)
download
(v 3.4.1 - Requires firmware update. Features: 64-bit compatibility, multi-unit support, Universal Control compatible, optimized metering, new post fader meter mode, improved performance and stability. view instructions)
edit: I actually gave you the wrong link in my previous post. This is the one I currently own:
http://www.presonus.com/products/Det...x?ProductId=43

Cheers!

Unibody Macbook Pro 15.4", 2.53GHz Core 2 Duo, 1067FSB, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 320GB HDD, nVidia 9400M + 9600M GT, 512MB DDR3.
QUOTE Thanks
mikerofone

Sorry....one last question....do you know whether your SNow Leopard OS is 32-bit or 64-bit? Because a tech guy at PreSOnus told me the beta driver for Snow Leopard only works with 32-bit Snow Leopard but not the 64-bit SNow Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
Cdnalsi

Here's a screenshot:

I'm pretty sure it's 64bit.

edit: here's the direct link to the picture: http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/6069/logic64bit.jpg

QUOTE Thanks
DocGriff

DocGriff is on a distinguished road

I'm using Apogee's ONE product and it is INCREDIBLE!! It only takes one instrument or input at a time, but for the individual musician/song writer it is THE way to go.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem with M Audio Axiom 61 and my Macbook Pro | Dj's and their Macs »