Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13" using Mountain Lion, iphone 4s, ipod nano 1.3.1, ipod touch, iPod Classic, iPad 1
    Dj's and their Macs
    At the front of the Dj booth you'll see a nice new MacBook perched there but what is it actually doing?

Is it their for file storage, apps and software for dj-ing or just iTunes?

Anyone fill me in?

Specs:
    MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
    It depends. There are the ones that purchase 80GB's of music from the Apple Store and call themselves iTunes/iPod DJ's while using thier Mac.
    And there are the ones, like myself, that have studied the craft and learned how to make a club rock by actually using:
    - Mac Book Pro
    - mixers
    - midi controllers
    - audio interfaces
    - turntables
    - vinyl records
    - DJ programs
    - lighting
    - video
    and back-up 1TB hardrives with MP3 songs that we have acquired from our "bought" CD's and records.
    MBP 11,3 | Logic Pro X | Ableton Live 9 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPC2000XL, X7000, MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, SP-808, TR-707, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 & Willzyx | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 4000+ vinyl records

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13" using Mountain Lion, iphone 4s, ipod nano 1.3.1, ipod touch, iPod Classic, iPad 1
    So it's mainly a storage think, which saves you carrying around the old crates of 12"s?

Have the Sashas, Graeme Parks, Digweeds and Carl Cox's of this world now gone MP3 mixing or do they still get the vinyl out. I guess you can do both together?

I haven't been in a nightclub since the 90's so I just don't know, then I saw Dj Neil Armstrong get a MacBook out for a gig with Jay-Z.

Specs:
    2008 15.4" Santa Rosa (C2D, 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD)
    I too, have been dabbling in the craft, mostly to learn it as best as possible, and sporting the results on family and friends at parties, get-togethers and such, in order to progress my skills... I am not anyone "amazing" or "awesome" or "mind-blowing", but at the least I'm starting to build my setup with a good MBP, a copy of dJay, a Numark iPod station, some amps, and such.. my next step will be acquiring lighting, once I get truly comfortable (not just familiar) with this stuff, and can feel I can hold my own for a good 2-3 hour party.. THEN I'll feel like I'm starting to accomplish something... not bad for a 40-year old geezah.. LOL
    You can make some people happy some of the time, but you can never make a PC enthusiast understand the brilliance of the Macintosh OS. Until you put it in front of them.

I Just purchased a black macbook and i am using it to run serato itch which runs off my numark ns7...and it's not just a storage tank...those are the external hard drives...in my case my macbook is the brains of my operation. and like juke listed there can be many things a "dj" uses his/her macbook for.

Specs:
    2013 MBA 13" - OS X 10.11
    Went to see Tina Turner a couple of months ago and we were right behind the box with the sound & light engineers ....
    They had about 10 MBP's running the complete sound and light show ...interesting stuff to watch.

Cheers ... McBie
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Wow!!! i bet that was a treat to watch mcbie

Thread Information