New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Altec Lansing FX5051 usb problem.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

funkdabeat

funkdabeat is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2010 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 320GB HDD, 320M

I have a set of 5.1 usb speakers that are great but the volume is too loud, i have it on the lowest setting and they will distort when Finder makes a noise (eg: adjust the volume).
Volume.jpg

So i would appreciate it if someone could help me out, is there software that will adjust the overall volume of my computer (Finder has only 16 setting and i need it to be in between 0 - 1) i cant adjust the speakers as it is synced with my computer i have tried audio midi setup that doesn't work. Im on a macbook pro 17" 2,1 mac os x 10.6.2 (up to date)

Screen shot 2010-02-16 at 3.42.45 PM.png
i need to have about -41 Db which i can set but when i chage the volume of my computer it will re-calibrate back to finders settings.

Please help =[ thanks in advance.

Hacking - Doing what the developers couldn't.
QUOTE Thanks
funkdabeat

Can anyone help?

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

What do you mean the speakers are synced with your MBP ??

I have a 5.1 out of my White MB and i use the system control as a default volume, then a 2nd control from which ever media player i am using and finally the control on the 5.1's.
Sorry cant come up with a solution as i have never needed to.

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
funkdabeat

If i change the music on my macbook the speakers volume control will change too.

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkdabeat View Post
If i change the music on my macbook the speakers volume control will change too.
Ok mate got ya, sorry though as i have never come across that

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Cdnalsi

Cdnalsi will become famous soon enough

This is indeed weird. Did the speakers come with any kind of driver for OS X for the "sync"? Because if so, you can just unload those drivers and get rid of the sync and then you can control the volumes independently...

Unibody Macbook Pro 15.4", 2.53GHz Core 2 Duo, 1067FSB, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 320GB HDD, nVidia 9400M + 9600M GT, 512MB DDR3.
Jazz pianist, composer. Click for website.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Snow Leopard not recognizing MOTU 8pre | mixer to line-in, no audio.. »