New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Logic express help?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sammied2906

Sammied2906 is on a distinguished road

So I'm looking into buying logic express and just wanted to ask some quick questions before I actually went ahead and bought it. I understand the difference between pro and express huge but to my understanding it has alot to do with editting. They both can create almost the same amout but pro has wayyy more editting capbilities. I'm also getting a peavey 4 channel mixer with Alesis mkII monitors then waiting to buy a good condensor for recording vocals. Does this sound like an ok recording set up? That's all I can think of saying at the moment. Questions, comments?

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks
Sammied2906

Also I'm just new to the site and wanted to start a thread saying that ^^ and the part I forgot was to say hello to everyone!
QUOTE Thanks
JUKE179r

JUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: '07 MBP 256GB SSD/6GB RAM/SL <--DAW!!!

Welcome SammieD!
Logic Pro 9 is a beast! If you are just staring out, Express would be your best bet for the price and just to get your feet wet especially since you can upgrade to Pro later. Hopefully the Peavey mixer you plan to purchase has a USB/FW connection. If not, look into getting an external USB or FireWire (FW) audio interface (I prefer FireWire!) with low latency and great anolog to digital convertors.

You can read up on the diffeneces here... The Best Audio Interfaces for your Home Studio by TweakHeadz Lab

MBP 3,1 & 4,1 w/ Vertex 4 SSD | Logic Pro 9 | Ableton Live 8 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 3000+ vinyl records
QUOTE Thanks
Sammied2906

Coool. Yea the peavey is just a generic 6 channel mixer but it is a USB (unfortunatly not FireWire) but I'll live. Yea I have recording experience because I'm in a band that has gone through the recording process and I helped the engineer with, and the whole experience basically sparked a huge interest for me. I have a MacBook pro so I don't think running the software will be a problem either.

Thanks man
QUOTE Thanks
vaiman

vaiman is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.26GHz 8-Core

Logic express is awesome for the price.
In my opinion its worth getting this version first so you can learn how to use the software to its fullest potential.
Upgrade if and when you feel you need the missing tools,library, etc Dont buy it because you feel you have to have them.
Happy recording
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Duplicate file overload! Any suggestions? | DJ Mixing Software »