Sound control app
    Is there an app that actually controls the volume on certain programs.. like say i wanna lower the volume on a game so i can play music.. can this be done?

reallyyyyyyyyy nothing?????? ********!!!!

Specs:
    MacMini 2.4, 8 Gb, OS 10.10 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.6.8
    The Mac has a single sound system, controlled by the single output volume control - you're asking for dual. I know what you mean about wanting to listen to two audio sources, but one way is to mute one while listening to the other, otherwise you simply get a confusion of noise. An example: I have iTunes playing music while I play Klondike with the card sounds muted.

Not all games enable muting though - I can't play Chopper and listen to iTunes simultaneously because the game doesn't allow muting. Some games might however enable lowering the game volume to to a minimum level.
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Arrow best equalizer to control individual apps sound volume..
    What is the best eq to control individual app sound volume to say turn down the volume of safari to play music ...any suggestions?

anyyything?

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Most of us don't really use Safari to play music. We tend to use iTunes.

Can you explain a bit more about what you're looking to do?

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM & 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 8GB RAM 10.10.3, iPhone5 & iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3, ATV3
    And giving it 13 minutes between posts is a little impatient. As far as being a knowledgeable forum and has been known to be quick to answer problems, just give it a little more time as the person being the most knowledgeable in this field might not be logged on at this point in time.
    Just a suggestion.
    And as chas_m has posted a little more info will go a long way in getting a answer ..
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Yeah i made another thread on a diff part of this site and didnt get anything so sorry if i was being a little impatient :p ...

And im tryin to lower the volume on WoW so i can pplay music and dont feel like paying 50 dollars for the hear app..

There should be tons of app for this purpose yet i havent been able to find one except for Hear..

Any suggestions?

this is gay no replies?

How about going into WoW's settings and lowering the the volume from it's music and sound effects sliders?

And then you can have iTunes cranked up and control it through the function keys...

Unibody Macbook Pro 15.4", 2.53GHz Core 2 Duo, 1067FSB, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 320GB HDD, nVidia 9400M + 9600M GT, 512MB DDR3.
    Jazz pianist, composer. Click for website.

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    WoW definitely allows full control of it's sound settings within the app. As pointed out by Cdnalsi, there is no reason for a 3rd app to do this.

NOTE: Merged duplicate threads.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Information