New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Earbuds?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Fretboard

Fretboard is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.53Ghz

Hey,

I'm looking to get a new pair of earbuds. The type of earbuds i don't really like are the ones that you kind of have to mash in your ear. The ones that came with my ipod are very comfortable (apple earbuds) but I'm looking for something with a little better quality. I have heard good things about these Amazon.com: Beats by Dr. Dre Tour High-Resolution In-Ear Headphones from Monster: Home Audio & Theater. Any one have any recommendations?

Thanks.

CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

LOL, I was considering buying those as well very recently. Like a 2 weeks ago. Then I read reviews on it...and they seem pretty negative.

The red rubbery strips apparently chips off and breaks after awhile... that's a no go for me already. The earpiece is very long apparently so if you don't have deep ear canals you aren't going to get a comfortable fit. They will stick out quite a bit and cause sound leakage.

Linky to review.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Fretboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
LOL, I was considering buying those as well very recently. Like a 2 weeks ago. Then I read reviews on it...and they seem pretty negative.

The red rubbery strips apparently chips off and breaks after awhile... that's a no go for me already. The earpiece is very long apparently so if you don't have deep ear canals you aren't going to get a comfortable fit. They will stick out quite a bit and cause sound leakage.

Linky to review.
Haha. I suppose your right. Any recommendations at all?

CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fretboard View Post
Haha. I suppose your right. Any recommendations at all?
Well I ended up getting a headset by Klipsch and it was only 99 dollars. They are really good at noise canceling. People are talking to me and I can't even hear them, and I have the sound on very low.

If you look around that website that I linked it has reviews and recommendations.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Mac23

Mac23 is on a distinguished road

I'm buying the Beats by Dre Solo Headphones. I'll continue using my Apple Earbuds for the in-ear portability, but in terms of a good quality headphone, I'm definitely getting the Solo Headphones.
QUOTE Thanks
Fretboard

Yeah I really like those beat earbuds.

Fretboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac23 View Post
I'm buying the Beats by Dre Solo Headphones. I'll continue using my Apple Earbuds for the in-ear portability, but in terms of a good quality headphone, I'm definitely getting the Solo Headphones.
Are the studios worth paying more for?

taylordobbs

taylordobbs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.53 GHz MacBook Pro 13" (2009) 4 GB RAM

I'm also looking around for some earbuds with iPhone controls/mic. A friend has the higher end Apple ones and likes them a lot. Has anyone else tried those?

Apple In Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic | Small Dog Electronics
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

I heard they suck, but they are better than the ones that come with iPods.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Fretboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylordobbs View Post
I'm also looking around for some earbuds with iPhone controls/mic. A friend has the higher end Apple ones and likes them a lot. Has anyone else tried those?

Apple In Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic | Small Dog Electronics
Well this particular model of earbuds by beats happens to have Control talk. Tour with ControlTalk? High Definition In-Ear Headphones ? Beats by Dr. Dre by Monster I'm sure you can get it for cheaper on another website like amazon though.

Mac23

Mac23 is on a distinguished road

The studio Beats by Dre have a very nice sound to them, but I'm not quite sure if they're worth the $300 price tag..

I saw they were on sale for about $250 or $260 on Amazon.com the other day though, which would be a bit better. I tried them out at a demo Best Buy had set up and was really impressed with the sound..

The solo version has nearly the same sound quality, except it doesn't feature noise-canceling. If that doesn't bother you, you may want to take a look at them.. Only $179.

My friend has the in-ear Beats by Dre and likes them, but he really wants to upgrade to one of the head phones. However, he's never really been a fan of in-ears, so take that for what it's worth.

Like I previously said, I'll more than likely be buying the Solos, unless the Studios are still $240 when I'm ready to buy them. Amazon.com: Beats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (Black): Electronics
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Looking at the prices of some of these earbuds...you guys must be made of gold!

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Fretboard

I starting to lean more towards taking a hit on the studios

beambeam

beambeam is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Blackbook, 2GB RAM, 2.2Ghz, 160GB HD. 160GB Ipod Classic. 16GB iphone 3GS. Red 2G Shuffle.

Sennheiser CX-500, very good, very durable.
QUOTE Thanks
ZorroAMG

ZorroAMG is a jewel in the roughZorroAMG is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: | '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |

OP, you don't like the "mash into the ear" ones but my Shure 210's are GREAT, for those that like the squishy ones.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« itunes | External Hard drive iTunes library query »