New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

A question on torrents

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

EleKtrohed

EleKtrohed is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys,

I have just switched from PC and used to share files (legit of course) through bit torrent but always got the feeling that they were bad news for my PC.

Are there any torrent servers anyone could suggest or put my mind at ease or is it best just to stay well clear?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

They aren't bad at all. I use Vuze to send stuff to friends no problem at all. It has in internal tracker too, so very easy to do.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
jneb802

jneb802 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook G4 14" 1.42 GHz PowerPC G4 1GB DDR SDRAM/1st Gen 4GB Nano/2nd Gen 8GB Nano

Well i use Transmission its really simple and easy to use. And i tried Vuze and i hated it just cause it took alot of cpu and i had so many features that i just saw so unneeded. Another client ive heard good things about is Utorrent i think it would be in the middle of the two.

Transmission-Simple easy
Vuze-**** ton of stuff
Utorrent-In the Middle
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Vuze no longer uses a lot of CPU power, it's been very well developed.
For what the OP wants to do it's better because of the built in tracker.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Midi Question | Importing files from Windows Media Player :Confused: »