New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Itunes volume adjustment help.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mobitsfa

mobitsfa is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I recently learned how to increase volume on songs in itunes, and it's great. BUT it only works on apple products. The songs play great on my itouch, but I want the same thing on my n900 phone. When I transfer the mp3's to my n900 the mp3s have the normal volume.

I've even tried ripping the adjusted songs from my itouch and transfering those mp3s to my n900, but it's still the same.

Are there any programs out there that will do the same thing itunes does, increase volume, but no quality loss and save to the original mp3 file? Or something within itunes.?

I've tried mp3gain and it did increase the volume, along with degrading quality of the mp3.
QUOTE Thanks
Yambor44

Yambor44 is on a distinguished road

Sorry I can't help you, but would you mind sharing how you increased the volume without losing quality for apple products?
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

You can adjust the volume in iTunes for each track individually.
Just "get info" for the track and you will find an option to increase the volume.
However, it's a tiresome process!
MP3 gain is a not a good solution at all, for the reason stated by the OP.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
Sharp_Kid

Sharp_Kid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobitsfa View Post
Are there any programs out there that will do the same thing itunes does, increase volume, but no quality loss and save to the original mp3 file? Or something within itunes.?
If you want to increase the volume of the MP3 file across every platform you need to save the volume change within the file.
You can do that by importing it into some kind of recording software (either a freebie like Audacity or a pro suite like Logic or Pro Tools) increasing the level and then exporting the result as an AIFF or MP3, in which case you can replace the old version.
You'll undoubtedly end up with a better quality result than you would by just increasing the gain, but it will be very time consuming importing, adjusting and exporting every one of your MP3s.

I'd just turn my player up and down on the fly.
QUOTE Thanks
funkypoodle

funkypoodle is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 2.66 GHz Intel + eMac 1.25 GHz + Black Macbook coreduo 2 Ghz

I have a little utility called "macmp3gain" that augments the volume of mp3s without re-encoding them.

[SIGPIC]
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

You wouldn't mind sharing your address with me, would you? I'm thinking of becoming a hearing aid salesman and I think I'm spotting some potential customers here ...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Transferring Ipod music to iMac | Sharing certain only tunes/parameters with itunes »