New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

FL Studio 9 on the Mac - does not run smoothly

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chrmoody

chrmoody is on a distinguished road

Hey all, I'm a recent switchover to mac user, and also music producer, and part of what I used to use was FL Studio (fruity loops). I have the parallels program, and so far everything runs pretty good on the virtual pc, but the FL STudio is pretty bad. It chops in and out with the audio, doesn't run very smooth at all.

Is it because its thru the virtual PC, and thats just how it is? I have the 27" 3.06ghz duo, 4gb, 1TB HD iMac.

Any suggestions or FL Studio equivalent would be greatly appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
jneb802

jneb802 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook G4 14" 1.42 GHz PowerPC G4 1GB DDR SDRAM/1st Gen 4GB Nano/2nd Gen 8GB Nano

There is not really an equivalent to FL for mac just because FL is very simple. In my mind the best production programs for mac are Reason and Live. Reason definitely being the one closer to FL. But Live is still awesome, Live recently released Live 8 which is a amazing app. But if you want to stay closer to FL then i would go with Reason. Just because of the "rack" setup it has. I made the switch from FL to reason a few years ago and i tell you it is hard but i do think it was worth it very much.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Voice Changing Programs | HELP downloading stream videos for MAC?!?!? »