New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Can you run Logic Pro 9 on Mac G4

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

darkchild

darkchild is on a distinguished road

I've recently purchased a used power mac APG g4 400mhz that had 512mg ram I now that I know what program that I want to run the studio pro logic 9 I've expanded the ram to 1k but I'm running OSX 10.3 I need to run OSX 10.5 or better question is can this computer be upgraded to 10.5 and is the speed fast enough I don't want to waste my time and hard earned cash if it won't help I was thinking about getting a refurbished mac g5 once again if anybody can help me out I would appreciate it from one musician to another
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Simple answer: no. As per the system requirements here, Logic Studio requires an Intel processor which a G4 does not have (it has a PowerPC processor).

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
tweaked

tweaked is on a distinguished road

You need a minimum 1.25GHz G4 PowerPC just to run Logic Pro 8 alone! You could run an old version of Logic 7, but personally i reckon that you would still have problems with that 400mhz processor! If you want to run Logic studio 9 your going to need at least a 2GHz Intel Mac!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Guitar Pedal board to Mac | What leads are needed to connect a G4 QS to an amp? »