New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Harman Kardon soundsticks not working?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Small giraffe

Small giraffe is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I've had these speakers plugged into my powerbook for ages now (they are only about 3 months old) - they were working fine yesterday but not now!

When I turn the volume up to max I can hear a tiny noise if I hold the base hub blue glowy thing to my ear. And when I pull the jack out it normally makes a huge noise and also when you touch it. Today after inspecting it, it doesn't make any noise at all. I have checked all the wires and plugs etc.

Please help me I love my speakers and can't live without music, plus the fact that sending something back because it doesn't work is such a hassle!

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I doubt, if this will help, but maybe check out the audio jack and input. Maybe they are dirty? Though, it maybe not be the problem, you need every troubleshooting solution at this point.
QUOTE Thanks
Small giraffe

Thanks for replying iWhat - have just done that and re-booted powerbook, took all the plugs out and put them back in - but nothing.

Now there is absolute silence coming from it!!!
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried to plug the speakers into anything else?
QUOTE Thanks
Small giraffe

Not yet - will try when boyfriend gets home and plug it into his laptop.

I don't think that would work, as the jack is not making that fuzzy feedback kinda noise when its touched.
QUOTE Thanks
Small giraffe

Thanks iWant for your posts.

Boyfriend got home and said he had turned down the volume on the actual soundsticks as I was in the bath and he didn't know how to turn it down on my powerbook.

Cue severe beatings!!!!

Thanks again!!!
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small giraffe
Thanks iWant for your posts.

Boyfriend got home and said he had turned down the volume on the actual soundsticks as I was in the bath and he didn't know how to turn it down on my powerbook.

Cue severe beatings!!!!

Thanks again!!!
Oh, lol! It happens to the best of us. :cool:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Converting .m4a to .mp3 for MP3 player | iTunes Visualizer »