New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Sheet Music Software Suggestions?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

Does anyone know of an application for a sane amount of money, where one can compose sheet music on a WinXP box? Not talking about complex music authoring software for MIDI, etc... I'm just looking for some software that would allow my Mum to put her hand written sheet music into electronic format so she can read it off of her laptop in Church or print out copies for the choir. Any suggestion would be a big help as this was one of the few things I could extract from her as being on her Christmas list.
Thanks,
Dave

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
steelcityrocker

steelcityrocker is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.25 GHz eMac w/ superdrive, 1.5GB RAM; 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo MBP

Check out Finale. They do offer an educational/theological discount ($350 rather than $600), but I'm don't know how much you're looking to spend. It includes a program called Smartscore Lite which allows you to scan sheet music and edit in Finale. While it does provide a very accurate scan of the music, edits are usually needed, but it beats entering all the notes manually. I've only used this feature on published scores so I don't know how well it does with hand-written. It is fairly easy to learn the basic features of the program, but like with any piece of software, it does require some time to learn all the ins and outs.
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

Thanks much SCR. I'll have her download the trial version. From the description on the web site, it should fit the bill nicely.
Thanks,
Dave

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mixing Board Question | Old Playlists won't transfer to ITunes Version 9 »