Unhappy problem with CD burning
    I'm totally new to Apple Mac and this forum. Basically I need to get 3 pieces of music from Garageband onto a CD. I have completed the task but the music will not play on a standard CD player. I know I am being completely thick but is this because it is in the format of GArageband and will not play on anything other.

If that is the case how can I save the music in a different format and get the music onto a CD to play on a standard CD player. I need this music on a CD for my father-in-law's funeral and therefore it is pretty urgent.

I would really appreciate someone's help and in my basic language!!

Cheers
    Tracy

Specs:
    15-inch MacBook Pro
    So you are doing Share > Burn Song to CD and it is not working. I have never used GB before, but just trying to help.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    You could also go to Share > Send Song to iTunes for each song and then when each song is in iTunes, put them in a playlist and burn the playlist. This way, you would have each song on one CD.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

I didnt use Share but will have a go. I did manage to get all 3 songs onto a disk but they appear to be in GB format????

I used GB as I had a 30 minute piece of music and only wanted 2 x 4 minute sections and could only think of GB to use to enable me to isolate these sections.

I used Finder to find the files saved in GB and then drag and dropped to the empty disk and then burnt from there. First time ever that I have ever burned to a CD, I said I was a newbie!!!

I will have a go of Share> Burn to CD.

Cheers
    Tracy

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    The way you did it, as you found out, simply burnt a data disc with the GB files. You need to create an audio CD which GB should create if you instruct it to burn the song to CD or if you use iTunes.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I created the playlist as you suggested Vansmith and it worked! Thank you also Mdfuller for your quick response.

As you can appreciate it is pretty stressful at the minute and this has just helped so much.

Thank you again.

Tracy

Specs:
    Mac Mini 1.25Ghz G4 1gb RAM, Mac Pro G5 Dual 1.8GHz 4GB RAM, MacBook Air 1.6 GHz Core2 Duo 2GB RAM

Thread Information