New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Air Tunes Issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Loke2112

Loke2112 is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I am brand new to this forum. I probably should have joined a long time ago. I hope I can be an asset and not only an information gatherer.

I just installed an Air Port Express by my receiver in my AV closet so I can stream Pandora & ITunes throughout the house all controlled by my MacBook. So far it is working fairly nicely but I am having issues with audio drop out. I am using a program called Air Foil that allows sources other than ITunes to use the Express as well.

I have my MacBook hard wired by Ethernet all the way back to the AV closet where the Westell router from FIOS and the Express are located. There is also a Linkksys router at my desk by the MacBook that is in line as well that I use for my VOIP phone from T-Mobile @ home. I have Ethernet running from the Express to the Westell FIOS router in the closet and I think the capability is there to have the whole deal wired instead of wireless but the technician from Apple couldn't get it working and blamed it on some internal settings inside the FIOS Westell router.

Anyone have any suggestions to resolve this? Should I call FIOS and have something tweaked inside the router? The audio drop outs became more frequent later last night to the point that I want to fix it now. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

How about a system redesign - u seem to have lots of units doing little bits setting up little bottlenecks while the system resolves hand over issues. Can u have one Modem/Router doing all the DHCP. I have a fixed LAN address for my Grandstream VOIP ph but have it plugged into my Time Capsule and all the LAN is thru the TC which in turn is on ethernet from Linksys modem/router which does the DHCP.
QUOTE Thanks
Loke2112

Loke2112 is on a distinguished road

Thankls for the response. How far is NZ from Tampa? Are you too busy this weekend to help with the redesign? lol

I'm not sure how to eliminate any of the gateways. I have Ethernet running all the way back and I just want to take advantage of it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« CD tracks burn but are mixed up | USB to MIDI cable »