Thread: Logic Pro 9

Logic Pro 9
    Yo everyone, I just upgraded to Logic pro 9 but its 36 gigs of stuff.....i only have 8 gigs left on my on board hard drive, what kind of apps can i move to my external and how do i do that, if i click and drag it just copies them......not what i need......any help would be appreciated!

myspace.com/jacktheripperbeats

YO, any help would be appreciated!

Not what you asked but...

X-Slimmer could be worth a look, I saved a gig of space that way. Also monolingual should save a few hundred megabytes but make sure you've got a backup before using that - it's always been fine for me but can sometimes cause crashes apparently.

Also you can delete the printer drivers to save around 500mb and the voices. Can't remember where they are stored but google it. I think the Alex voice alone takes up 1gb of space, make sure you don't delete all the voices though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheripper33 View Post
    Yo everyone, I just upgraded to Logic pro 9 but its 36 gigs of stuff.....i only have 8 gigs left on my on board hard drive, what kind of apps can i move to my external and how do i do that, if i click and drag it just copies them......not what i need......any help would be appreciated!

myspace.com/jacktheripperbeats
    It's probably copied over all the audio loop stuff and such like. I use Logic 7 still and stored my loops (or didn't install them last time I think) on a separate HD. Check out the installation section of the manual as I think it refers to this..

Regards, Rimmer...

Specs:
    MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
    Like Rimmer said, it's the audio loops that are a major contributor to maxing out your HD.
    I have Logic 9 also and the majority of the samples I moved from the Library/Audio/Apple Loops (29.15GB) folder and Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Sampler/Sampler Files (12.66GB) the to an external FW HD.
    MBP 11,3 | Logic Pro X | Ableton Live 9 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPC2000XL, X7000, MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, SP-808, TR-707, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 & Willzyx | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 4000+ vinyl records

Thread Information