New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Logic Pro 9

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jacktheripper33

Jacktheripper33 is on a distinguished road

Yo everyone, I just upgraded to Logic pro 9 but its 36 gigs of stuff.....i only have 8 gigs left on my on board hard drive, what kind of apps can i move to my external and how do i do that, if i click and drag it just copies them......not what i need......any help would be appreciated!

myspace.com/jacktheripperbeats
QUOTE Thanks
Jacktheripper33

Jacktheripper33 is on a distinguished road

YO, any help would be appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
livingtoolate

livingtoolate is on a distinguished road

Not what you asked but...

X-Slimmer could be worth a look, I saved a gig of space that way. Also monolingual should save a few hundred megabytes but make sure you've got a backup before using that - it's always been fine for me but can sometimes cause crashes apparently.

Also you can delete the printer drivers to save around 500mb and the voices. Can't remember where they are stored but google it. I think the Alex voice alone takes up 1gb of space, make sure you don't delete all the voices though.
QUOTE Thanks
Rimmer

Rimmer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacktheripper33 View Post
Yo everyone, I just upgraded to Logic pro 9 but its 36 gigs of stuff.....i only have 8 gigs left on my on board hard drive, what kind of apps can i move to my external and how do i do that, if i click and drag it just copies them......not what i need......any help would be appreciated!

myspace.com/jacktheripperbeats
It's probably copied over all the audio loop stuff and such like. I use Logic 7 still and stored my loops (or didn't install them last time I think) on a separate HD. Check out the installation section of the manual as I think it refers to this..

Regards, Rimmer...
QUOTE Thanks
JUKE179r

JUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: '07 MBP 256GB SSD/6GB RAM/SL <--DAW!!!

Like Rimmer said, it's the audio loops that are a major contributor to maxing out your HD.
I have Logic 9 also and the majority of the samples I moved from the Library/Audio/Apple Loops (29.15GB) folder and Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Sampler/Sampler Files (12.66GB) the to an external FW HD.

MBP 3,1 & 4,1 w/ Vertex 4 SSD | Logic Pro 9 | Ableton Live 8 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 3000+ vinyl records
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Garage Band Library | Is there a MacPro that has a straight PCI slot? »