New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Ustream/Soundflower/MacBookPro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Voice2pic

Voice2pic is on a distinguished road

I am going round in circles trying to get a CamTwist/Ustream rig together on my MacBookPro. The real issue is with Soundflower/Ustream. I've looked through the forums here, read all the Soundflower and Ustream stuff and still stuck. Ok I admit I'm a dummy. Now can anybody help - preferably on a phone/Skype talkthrough?
What I want to do:
sources into CamTwist: Quicktime videos and DV camera. Video on these work ok. I hear the audio as it is being played too.
audio sources into Soundflower (though I am not sure they are going in at all): Quicktime on the Mac and audio in from my external analogue sound mixer.
Ustream shows the video as delivered from Camtwist so no problems there - just audio problems. Ustream shows Soundflower in its audio list but no sound comes through when you select or use either 2 ch or 16 ch. Ustream does however accept the built in mic which ofcourse hears the audio being played. Can anyone give me a dummy's guide to routing audio correctly using these sources and system? i.e. get Quicktime audio from the movies and my sound mixer into Soundflower and Soundflower then into Ustream? I'll post my contact details if anyone can help.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« stereo to mono playback: software solution? | Hooking MacBook Pro to HiFi »