New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

'restoring previous itunes library'

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

1monster

1monster is on a distinguished road

I can't find info on this ANYWHERE. I created a huge mess in itunes for nothing. One day i was fooling around with some duplicate software, and a few days later found itunes almost empty and completely panicked. Forgetting that i was fooling around with that software a few days prior, i think i missed out on the key 'show everything'. This is why I said i made the mess for nothing. I thought it to be odd that there was nothing in the trash. So, in a panick i just dragged the entire itunes music folder into itunes and the wheels started turning.
Now i have a huge mess I can't make sense of. Aside from the fact i seem to be missing 40gigs, there's duplicates galore- including duplicate podcasts. Some of the duplicates are different sizes??!! WTF
Any support i can find is restoring itunes from an ipod. I'm using itunes9 and have a folder 'previous itunes library'. Theres of course several files in it with different dates. I wanted to try restoring from my latest date but can't get anything to happen.
Any advice or links anyone might have?
Thanks all.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do I save my iTunes to my external hard drive. | Download 9.0.1 itunes not working??? need help »