New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

New iTunes 9. come and get it

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AnthonyM1987

AnthonyM1987 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick8539 View Post
Wow, there is no way to sort by Artist, Albums, or Composers from the music tab any more??? It automatically sorts by Genres... That sucks!

going back to 8...
lurk moar n00b
QUOTE Thanks
Nick8539

Nick8539 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo Blackbook. 2GB Ram 80GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyM1987 View Post
lukr moar n00b
Obviously in the List view you can, but not in Grid mode, which is what I always use...
QUOTE Thanks
AnthonyM1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick8539 View Post
Obviously in the List view you can, but not in Grid mode, which is what I always use...
go to view>Grid View>Show Header

Note to self>Delete Chumbawumba.
QUOTE Thanks
Nick8539

Nick8539 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo Blackbook. 2GB Ram 80GB HD

Lol, Ooooohhhhhhh, lol Noob I am!
QUOTE Thanks
AnthonyM1987

Nah. Don't sweat it. Hope you like the new iTunes. Play around with it a bit and just get it tweaked the way you like it.

I'm almost always in list view and I love having just the artist on the side because I never organize by genre and splitting the screen vertically on a wide stretched application didn't make sense.
QUOTE Thanks
AnthonyM1987

I love the new option for syncing music to your iPod by doing selected artist and playlist.
But, certain artist are in my library that aren't showing up in the sync side bar. Almost a whole album which is a mix of stuff doesn't have any of the artist showing up.
EDIT> Songs are set to compilation Thats why
QUOTE Thanks
x slurm x

x slurm x is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Early '08 MacBook 2.4Ghz 250g hd 4g ram Os 10.6; B&W G3 400mhz 120g hd 512mb ram Os 10.4

I originally thought home sharing and better syncing meant I could keep a single iTunes library synced to multiple computers, but it looks like it just lets you move selected songs back and forth between authorized computers. Does anyone know if this functionality exists? (I realize "improved syncing" refers to ipods, etc.)
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

is way cool. Really nice to be able to see at a glance only what's different and copy it over. Makes it much easier to see what the spouse may have purchased (on my account no less) and not told me about.

Now, when we can get Album view and Coverflow view from the shared libraries it'll be really slick.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Hmm. Sounds good, except here it's all mine!
I haven't bothered yet, I am a bit worried that this new version may not be supported by my media streamer.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

What do you have?

I have the HP MediaSmart - still all accessible via iTunes 9 - still a newbie with the server though.

Thinking I'll end up keeping the entire iTunes library both on the HTPC and the server as backup. Then just the stuff each of us want on their own computer. Slow as I move though, and with using the Win7 beta, I've been hesitant to spend a lot of time on the HTPC until 7 is released since I'll have to start over from scratch then.

edit: and just bought one of the LP's to check out - I'll let ya'll know how they are also. They might be able to get some of Amazon's money with that feature.

2nd edit: the LP is pretty neat - will post some screen shots later

QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

I have a Roku Soundbridge M1001, just for streaming my MP3 to my amp and for internet radio.
There were issues before which got sorted, but there is no longer software support for it, as they went bust.
It works fine now, but big iTunes uodates have a habit of messing with that.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

Make yourself a SD or CCC backup right before you upgrade it, then no workie, no harm no foul, except for the hour worth of time to restore.

The LP is pretty cool - the digital age just may have surpassed the LP age for me with this one. Pics are coming.

QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adox View Post
Try updating genius.
That did it. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

NOTE: Merged Dup threads

QUOTE Thanks
mikey.b@gmx.com

mikey.b@gmx.com is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfuller View Post
That did it. Thanks!
Same here - iTunes seems to be working a lot better today!

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes Store | GArageband - cant hear monitor when guitar plugged in »