New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

external hard drive

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

OneFellSwoop

OneFellSwoop is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13 Inch Macbook: 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB Memory, 120GB Hard drive, Double layer Super Drive

I have been using a 320 gb seagate external hard drive for a few years now. It finally became full, so i got a new one. Long story short i transferred my music files to the new 1tb hard drive and changed my preferences so that itunes feeds from that drive. My problem is that even with every other app closed, i cannot eject my old hard drive without closing itunes as it says the drive (old hard drive) is still in use. i cannot figure out how to solve this problem, is there a way to figure out what exactly is still using this hard drive as a primary source.
thanks
Derek Hurt
QUOTE Thanks
frankmezz

frankmezz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 21 inch

i would shut down the computer and unplug the drive. restart and when something doesn't work you have isolated the program.
QUOTE Thanks
OneFellSwoop

OneFellSwoop is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13 Inch Macbook: 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB Memory, 120GB Hard drive, Double layer Super Drive

i have found that a very select few files 'cannot be located' on the new drive. therefore i am thinking that some did not transfer, so i tunes is still trying to communicate with the old device...any ideas.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« music via UTP netwerk vs airport express | Sound Lost in Track on GB »