New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

transferring ipod playlist to itunes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

reneraven434

reneraven434 is on a distinguished road

so, say i have a playlist on an ipod that i really like... is there a way to transfer the entire playlist to an itunes folder rather than the other way around? so, then i can transfer it to multiple ipods later? rather than itunes playlist to ipod? the same, just the other way around? i have one ipod that has several really great playlists that i would like to have on other ipods (stupid of me not to establish the playlist on itunes first, i know)
QUOTE Thanks
dauber

dauber is a jewel in the roughdauber is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04

I really don't think there's a native way to import ANYTHING FROM an iPod; just TO an iPod.

Oh....and I found out the hard way that if you make a playlist in iTunes, then transfer it to your iPod, it transfers the songs was well...meaning that if the songs already exist in your iPod, you'll have extra copies taking up space.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« itunes & 2 macbooks | converting itunes to wav or mp3 »