New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Garageband/Logic Express export chopiness

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Coolguy204

Coolguy204 is on a distinguished road

I use Garageband to record some of my music. It is enough for what i get done. I have a plugin called Omnisphere ($500) It is a fantastic program that professionals use. It seems that everything records fine in Garageband as well as playback from Garageband. But when I export as any file type (.MP3, .AIFF) it gets choppy in some parts. I bought the new 13" macbook pro. (4 GB RAM, 320 7200 RPM HDD, 2.26 C2D processor.) I don't see any reason why exporting should be such an issue. It works fine in windows when using FL Studio as the sequencer. Also Logic Express has the same issue. I do not see how this is an Omnipshere issue, but an issue with exporting projects to listenable file formats with both garageband and Logic Express. If anyone could offer any advice on what I should do or what company to contact (Apple or Spectrasonics) I would really appreciate it.
QUOTE Thanks
Rimmer

Rimmer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolguy204 View Post
I use Garageband to record some of my music. It is enough for what i get done. I have a plugin called Omnisphere ($500) It is a fantastic program that professionals use. It seems that everything records fine in Garageband as well as playback from Garageband. But when I export as any file type (.MP3, .AIFF) it gets choppy in some parts. I bought the new 13" macbook pro. (4 GB RAM, 320 7200 RPM HDD, 2.26 C2D processor.) I don't see any reason why exporting should be such an issue. It works fine in windows when using FL Studio as the sequencer. Also Logic Express has the same issue. I do not see how this is an Omnipshere issue, but an issue with exporting projects to listenable file formats with both garageband and Logic Express. If anyone could offer any advice on what I should do or what company to contact (Apple or Spectrasonics) I would really appreciate it.
I haven't used GB for some time now. I am a Logic Pro 7 user (to upgrade soon due to Logic 9).

GB is a bit of a hog. Always has been. You could get a lot more out of a CPU cycle from Logic express from a few years ago that you can from GB at a comparable time.

I have experienced drop outs and automation errors from Logic Pro 7 when I have exported 'OFFLINE'. I don't remember if this is an option in GB but it could be the issue. I tend to export demo's offline when they're for mastering/evaluation but I ALWAYS export the final for master in real time. Less chance for software errors, and it seems to work..
QUOTE Thanks
Coolguy204

Coolguy204 is on a distinguished road

Would you be able to tell me how to export in real time? I am sorta new to macs. Thanks for the reply.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need to record a voiceover | Some Advice on picking the right Mac for Mainstage »