New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Record via Input and Output

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Stythys

Stythys is on a distinguished road

I'm looking for an app that will record from multiple input sources so I can record a conversation happening over voice comms. The closest I've found is screenium, but that creates a video as well. I'm looking for just pure audio. Someone has told me Audio Hijack Pro would work, which I have, but I don't see how that works, so if someone could explain, that'd be nice.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Do you mean multiple sources at once or at different times? AHP will record from any source you point it at, even other apps like iTunes.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

you simply set up an application for Audio Hijack to hijack, get the program to hijack the program, the program will relaunch if already open. Hit record and the program will record any audio through that application

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
Stythys

louishen- that method doesn't seem to record my mic

kevriano- I mean multiple sources at once
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

The only way to record multiple sources at once would be to use a mixer with line out to your Mac. Then you can use whatever program you like (AHP, Audacity, Garageband etc).
You can't record multiple items with just one input without a mixer, unless you have a good mic and have everything playing loudly in a room and record through the mic. This would sound BAAAAAAAD!
What are the things you wish to record? If I read right, you are trying to record a voice over the top of another source, but at the same time?

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
Stythys

No, it is possible. As I mentioned in my first post, the app called Screenium will record both my mic, as well as my computer output, but it includes sceen capture. I just want an audio-only program.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Right, so you have the base track that you wish to record voice over already on the Mac then, but you need to re-record it and voice at the same time?

QUOTE Thanks
Stythys

I'm basically trying to record a conversation over voice comms, so I need to record what's playing through my speakers (everyone else), and my mic (me).
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Then Garageband should allow you to do that, by running the main track as a backing track and then record your voice over it.

QUOTE Thanks
Stythys

ok...I downloaded garageband, and it seems pretty simple to record my mic, but I don't see where to record the computer audio....
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

I think, and I haven't tried this, you need to import what you want to record over as a new track. If I have time later I will look into it.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Use one computer to manage iTunes on another? | Need to record a voiceover »