New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Recording Live Stream Audio

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rsflahive

rsflahive is on a distinguished road

Hello,
I am a new Mac (MacBook Pro) user and have some questions about recording live stream.

With my various PC machines (both XP and Vista), I have recorded hundreds of GB of music off of the internet with Goldwave. Now that I have a Mac, I have switched to Audacity, a similar yet more simple audio capture software.

With the PC's, the built in microphone was a separate audio input; with the Mac there is only one input and when I record live stream it also records ambient sound from the microphone input.

Does anybody know how to remedy this situation? is there a setting to mute the microphone? Would a new sound card help with the situation? Could this simply be a software setting issue?

What suggestions for software do you have for capturing live stream audio? Audio Hijack was suggested but I am still concerned about the microphone input issue.

Secondly, does anyone have a suggestion for how to record without having to listen to it? Another way of asking would be is there a way to set the recording volume seperate from the main volume on the MacBook Pro?

Thank you in advance

Ryan
QUOTE Thanks
Mitcherooney

Mitcherooney will become famous soon enough

Wiretap Pro will do this
QUOTE Thanks
rsflahive

rsflahive is on a distinguished road

I figured it out on my own. Thank you.

The issue was the single audio input that is offered stock with Mac's. After a bit of research, I downloaded Soundflower and it created a second audio output and input for Audacity. I simply changed the output to the 2ch soundflower setting, changed the input in Audacity to the 2ch soundflower setting and viola! the recording came out perfectly.

It was a perfectly good solution and I didn't have to spend a dime.

thanks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« sharing garageband files | Korg Triton into MBP »