How to delete recently added songs in itunes?
    I have tons of songs in the recently added folder in itunes. How do I get rid of them? Tried command delete, dragging etc. I have already moved the songs to specific playlist and want to clean up the recently added folder.

Thanks.

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    If you have just moved them to a playlist and you delete them, they will no longer be in the playlist either.
    Normally I just highlight the unwanted song and press delete, you get a message asking if you want to move it to trash, once you say yes that's it done.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Just don't open the Recently added folder. It'll clear itself out after awhile.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Those are special play lists.

Option + Double Click the "Recently Added" link. And then you can modify the criteria for that list.

For example, I made it so that this list only shows material from the last 1 day So it is a brief list.

I needed this information a lot and looked it up. I hope this helps you as it helped me, and others to come.

"Just wait" isn't very useful, and highlight and delete doesn't work - at least not on my non-Mac laptop.

I couldn't follow the last suggestion - "options" didn't show (again, perhaps bc I don't have a Mac) but this seems a similar solution: right-click Recently Added, selevct Edit Smart Playlist, and then set Date Added to 1 day.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by climatebox2010 View Post
    "Just wait" isn't very useful, and highlight and delete doesn't work - at least not on my non-Mac laptop.

I couldn't follow the last suggestion - "options" didn't show (again, perhaps bc I don't have a Mac) but this seems a similar solution: right-click Recently Added, selevct Edit Smart Playlist, and then set Date Added to 1 day.
    Glad you figured it out, that's what potheekaami was trying to communicate, but we didn't know that you didn't have a Mac.

Just a tip for future reference: as this forum is called Mac-Forums and is populated mainly by Mac users, when asking a question it's really helpful to make clear that you have a non-Mac machine. You'll still get the same friendly help, but you're likely to get a more accurate answer faster that way.

deleting recently added songs in itunes
    Hi, I am new at this, I tried highlighting the songs I want to delete from the recently added page and hit delete but it still does not work. Do you have any other suggestions on how to do it? Thanks so much. Appreciate any tips

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    If you read the whole thread you'll work it out but in summation:

Recently Added is a 'Smart Playlist' - a dynamic folder that just shows you recently added items based on a set of rules. These are just pointers to the real items in your library.

Right-click on the playlist and edit the properties to limit what gets shown. Setting to 1 day will only show items added in the last 24hrs etc.
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    @ nightrain0426 iTunes Smart Playlist have an icon resembling a cog to their left. Regular playlists have a musical note. Smart playlist are changed by a rule as mrplow suggested. Regular playlists can be changed the way you were doing

In earlier versions of iTunes Smart Playlists had an icon that resembled the one for smart folders.
    "Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Wink Thanks
    Clicking "option" then double click works. I had mines set to 2 weeks. Now it is two days and only 2 songs appeared. AWESOME!!! Thanks CLIMATEBOX2010....This was so helpful. Thanks so much. This was the answer to my question!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
    If you have just moved them to a playlist and you delete them, they will no longer be in the playlist either.
    Normally I just highlight the unwanted song and press delete, you get a message asking if you want to move it to trash, once you say yes that's it done.

how do you highlight them in itunes or the music app ??

Thread Information