MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo, ProTools HD, Digi 192
    Need some opinions on my music
    Hey guys,
    If you any of you guys have a couple minutes, or are just plain bored, I recorded and posted a couple of my songs online -
    The Sight of Sane on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    I played/recorded everything, except the vocals- my friend sang because I can't
    Everything was recorded on my MBP on garageband '08. The first song is mixed a lot better than the second.

Let me know your opinions, and thank you for dedicating your time!

MacBook 2.4GHz, 4Gb Ram, 2008 white
    Sounds not too bad. I did notice some difference between the mixing in the 1st vs 2nd songs. I haven't experimented too much with recording, but from a listening perspective the drums could be brought out a tad more, and maybe some more bass (if you have a bass guitar?)—don't kill it with bass though, good when used wisely!

-Happy trails!

MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
    The switching between screaming and normal tone is not going well with me. I personally think it would be better to switch to a different tone for a certain part of a song. For example, the vocals in the song Botnus AFTER the solo really show what I am talking about.

What I REALLY like about the singing is it doesn't sound like Fall Out Boy and similar sounding bands. I listened to it and thought "something different. I LIKE IT". So A++++ with that.

It's hard to hear the riffs for me, maybe turn it up?

Good luck finding a second guitarist!!

Bass Guitar
    Reading, seems you are looking for a bass guitarist. Good luck with that, too! It will add depth to the music

All you need is a second guitarist and a bass guitarist, and higher volumes. Work with the singing a bit, and it should be AWESOME.

Good luck with your playing and ROCK ON \m/

Thread Information