New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Need advice on GarageBand update.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

IMissMyPC

IMissMyPC is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I have GarageBand 08 and want to upgrade to 09 but how do I do this? Do I have to uninstall 08 and then buy that ILife 09 pack and install that? And if I install Ilife 09 will it install all the other garbage that comes with it?

All I want is the new version of GarageBand, that's all I use on my Imac and nothing else so I don't need the other stuff. How would I go about upgrading?

Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
IMissMyPC

Yes? No? A Little help please.
QUOTE Thanks
guitarman

guitarman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black Macbook running OSX Leopard.

yes if you install iLife 09 it will come with all the other "garbage"..not sure if u can manually select which programs u want to install, as I upgraded the whole suite from 08 to 09...

also, i did not uninstall anything...if my memory serves me correctly, i think it placed Garageband '08 in a folder titled something like "Garageband (Previous Versions)"...i can't find the folder now bcuz i think i deleted it, but i'm almost positive that is what it did when I installed Garageband '09

Hope I have helped some...

QUOTE Thanks
IMissMyPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman View Post
yes if you install iLife 09 it will come with all the other "garbage"..not sure if u can manually select which programs u want to install, as I upgraded the whole suite from 08 to 09...

also, i did not uninstall anything...if my memory serves me correctly, i think it placed Garageband '08 in a folder titled something like "Garageband (Previous Versions)"...i can't find the folder now bcuz i think i deleted it, but i'm almost positive that is what it did when I installed Garageband '09

Hope I have helped some...
No help but I appreciate the reply man.

I just don't want to have clutter and a possible conflict by having different versions of the same programs so that's why I'm trying to find out the best way to upgrade.
QUOTE Thanks
iPod Nano

iPod Nano is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6

Instead of "standard installation" just select "custom installation". No, GarageBand will be replaced. No uninstalling required!

Chris K.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Looking for software that will create and produce music | Logic Pro 7 - Midi device question »