New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Problem with the line in signal

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mmielczarek

mmielczarek is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I tried to record something with garageband a few days ago. But now I cant get any sound through the line-in input. The "input-meter" wont even move. What could be wrong?

I know that all the cables/instruments are ok, and theres plenty of sound coming out. I also called my local mac distrubutor and they couldnt help me either.

What should i do?
QUOTE Thanks
forumdood007

forumdood007 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 20", 8GB iPhone

I am so fed up with this issue as well. I use a USB microphone and also bought an M Audio Podcast Factory USB preamp, including microphone and cannot get a decent input level in Garage Band or any other Mac application. Bottom line is, the sound card in my iMac is crap!! I have to literally have my mouth on the mic to get anything at a decent level. All of the forums out there have people reporting low input levels on all macs. The cheezy little built-in mic picks up sound better. Unfortunately, the Macs suck at external microphone input!!! They are crap....nuff said!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmielczarek View Post
Hi,

I tried to record something with garageband a few days ago. But now I cant get any sound through the line-in input. The "input-meter" wont even move. What could be wrong?

I know that all the cables/instruments are ok, and theres plenty of sound coming out. I also called my local mac distrubutor and they couldnt help me either.

What should i do?
Was it the right type of track? (i.e. a "real instrument" track and not a midi track?)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes help! | OSX Compatible USB 5.1 Soundcard?? »