New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Logic Express and Applescript via GUI Scripting

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

albertaurus

albertaurus is on a distinguished road

Hello All,

I am a real newbie to Logic Express and Applescript, ( literally started 2 Saturdays ago ) but look forward to the joys, trials and tribulations. Just bought the Sal Soghoian book, and its already dog-eared.
I am very familiar with other audio programs and basic programming.
I am presently working on a project that uses Logic Express to provide an 8 zone multitrack audio playback scenario, that is to say playing a randomly selected audio track from a list of 10-12 audio montages each of 2 minute duration.
Trigger is from a Passive Infrared Detector, using Indigo automation software to trigger an Applescript.
Logic Express is not scriptable except via GUI Scripting ( According to the Applescript Book by Sal Soghoian)
So far, I have been not had any success in the use of GUI scripting on Logic Express 8.
Specifically, the following script :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

activate application "Logic Express"

tell application "System Events"

>>tell process "Logic Express"

>>>> delay 1

>>>> tell button 11 of window 1 to perform action "AXPress"

>>end tell

>> tell process "Logic Express"

>>>>delay 1

>>>>tell button 6 of window 1 to perform action "AXPress"

>>end tell

end tell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Button 11 is the "return to beginning"button

Button 6 is the "play" button

the delay command slows things down so can observe the Logic Express 8 window to see the commands being executed.

What happens is that the application opens, it becomes the frontmost app, and I can see the actual buttons changing color on the Logic Express window indicating buttons are pressed, but nothing happens - playback does not start.

Manually Clicking the button with the mouse starts playback, but not with the script ?

Am I misunderstanding something here ? or is Logic Express realy not scriptable by GUI scripting ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. ( Please be gentle on this Newbie )

Best Regards

albertaurus

Model: MBPro, 2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GigRam, 200G HD

AppleScript: Script Editor 2.2.1

Browser: Safari 525.27.1

Operating System: Mac OS X (10.5)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Logic Express or Logic Studio? | performance problem with Digital Performer 5 and others software »