New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Logic Express or Logic Studio?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

LiddleBuddha

LiddleBuddha is on a distinguished road

Hello All,

I'm going to order an iMac within the next couple days, (for dedicated audio). As some of you might've already seen, I'm a noob, and I'll just be a home hobbyist.

Question is:
Do I get Logic Studio, or just Logic Express and maybe upgrade later?

I can't decide. I'll leave it in your hands.

Thanks!
- D
QUOTE Thanks
Bob.Geissler

Bob.Geissler is on a distinguished road

Logic Express has more entry level features and simplicity, so I'd recommend that as a starter. Go through the tutorials or however you plan to train and THEN decide whether or not to upgrade.
Bob
QUOTE Thanks
LiddleBuddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.Geissler View Post
Logic Express has more entry level features and simplicity, so I'd recommend that as a starter. Go through the tutorials or however you plan to train and THEN decide whether or not to upgrade.
Bob
Hello Bob,

Thanks very much for your reply! I actually did decide to just go with Logic Express preinstalled for now, (ordered a 24" iMac over the weekend. Woo-hoo!).. I figured I could indeed upgrade later.

Looking forward to firing this bad boy up and kicking some jams!

Best,
- d
QUOTE Thanks
jcmoore2

jcmoore2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15.4 Macbook Pro, 2.5, 200GB 7200rpm HDD, 4GB RAM- 24" iMac 2.9, 1TB HDD, 4GB, 2 iPhones, 3 iPods

Does logic express have any of the live performance feature like studio? I play in a band and would like to start experimenting with loops. I know studio has the main stage feature but does express have anything similar?
QUOTE Thanks
LiddleBuddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmoore2 View Post
Does logic express have any of the live performance feature like studio? I play in a band and would like to start experimenting with loops. I know studio has the main stage feature but does express have anything similar?
Hey jcmoore2,

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question (I'll know by next week though).

Hopefully someone here will know the answer. But I'll poke around in the meantime and see if I can find out for you.

You may have some luck by checking out SFLogicNinja's youtube Logic tutorial channel...

YouTube - SFLogicNinja's Channel

Peace,
- d
QUOTE Thanks
jcmoore2

jcmoore2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15.4 Macbook Pro, 2.5, 200GB 7200rpm HDD, 4GB RAM- 24" iMac 2.9, 1TB HDD, 4GB, 2 iPhones, 3 iPods

Thanks man.
QUOTE Thanks
ErikJenkins1187

ErikJenkins1187 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac

No, Mainstage only comes with Studio, if you need to drive a lot of midi instruments and midi patches for guitars, it's the way to go!
QUOTE Thanks
Maccy

Maccy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac, 13" MacBook

Logic Studio is ridiculously cheap when purchased with an education discount (in the UK anyway, not sure how it works out in the US) so I'd never bother with Express.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Headset audio | Logic Express and Applescript via GUI Scripting »