Member Since: Dec 20, 2008
03-14-2009, 05:00 PM
If you are browsing your library in "Sort by Album" view, some songs aren't grouped into one album and are separated into multiple albums with all the same information. iTunes can be notorious about this. The problem lies in the tags that have been previously embedded into the audio file before it was imported to the library.
Before you start please follow these steps from Apple: Click Here!
This may solve most of your problems. If you still have problems, please proceed to the fix below.
- Make sure that simple typing errors aren't causing the problem.
- Make sure to group compilations together so they appear as one album.
- Make sure that "Album" & "Album Artist" & "Artist" names are identical. An extra space or misspelling can separate them.
Now if you have done all of this, like me, and still have a problem...
- Select all of the songs in the album to modify all of them at once.
- Clear/Delete the Album, Album Artist, Artist fields so they are blank.
- Select the check box to the left of the three respectable fields to apply.
- Select OK
- Find the Songs again and reapply the Album, Album Artist, and Artist information.
There you have it for those of you who have OCD like myself.