New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Garageband query (probably impossible!)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

imacLearner

imacLearner is on a distinguished road

Hi There,

Just wondering, I have finally managed to work out how to import a track from a cd into a garageband song, however, now that I have the song in garageband, can I split the track in to it's component parts i.e. can I isolate the vocal? Basically what I want is to end up with a backing track. If not possible in garageband is there a piece of software that will do it?

Many thanks in advance.

Learner
QUOTE Thanks
Jarl Ayari

Jarl Ayari is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 Macbook White

Dont know about garageband but I am pretty sure what your asking isnt really pheasable due to the frequencies of the different parts of the track being the same. You could try a Parametric Equaliser or a Q filter to pull some parts out, I use Adobe Audition (Used to be Cool Edit Pro) to play with Audio but havent yet found anything taht will do what you need...

Andi

'It's a test, designed to provoke an emotional response'
QUOTE Thanks
BlackHawk

BlackHawk is on a distinguished road

This would be awesome if there is such a program. I have some songs in Japanese that would be really sick to pull off full blown guitar solos if the vocals weren't there. Please let us both know. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Majorman

Majorman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" White MacBook 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo 2GB Ram GMA X3100

It might be possible, but I don't think something like that is available in a user friendly interface right now. Something like that is really complex to actually pull off.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Audio Unit Validation Failure in Logic | ipod to Macbook »